About Me

My photo
35 year old female. I am married to a beautiful man who brings out the best in me. We have 2 gorgeous dogs who brighten our days, especially mine when my husband travels. I studied Social Work as a mature age student, followed by Family Therapy and have worked in the field as a counsellor in the drug and alcohol field with youth and families for the past 5 years (currently on a break to take care of me rather than others). I am sincere, caring, loving, honest, trust worthy, animal loving, a dreamer, generous, fun and I don't give up even when I want to!

Sunday 1 May 2011

Thank you

I just want to say a big thank you to the lovely women who have left comments for me and who have chosen to follow my posts. Your kind words and interest in my story has meant soo much to me. I have sought after acceptance and interest from my family for soo many years and never got it, yet people I have never met or spoken to before have offered it freely.
It saddens me because surely these are things that should be easily given by your own family… right? I don’t think I am asking much, am I?
What I have realised over the years is that what I really need is to be able to accept and forgive myself, getting it from family is not going to make me truly happy unless I am getting it from myself.
I appreciate the interest you have shown in me and my story, you have provided me with a feeling of warmth and happiness… so thank you soo very much for that.
Maz
xoxoxo

2 comments: