About Me

My photo
35 year old female. I am married to a beautiful man who brings out the best in me. We have 2 gorgeous dogs who brighten our days, especially mine when my husband travels. I studied Social Work as a mature age student, followed by Family Therapy and have worked in the field as a counsellor in the drug and alcohol field with youth and families for the past 5 years (currently on a break to take care of me rather than others). I am sincere, caring, loving, honest, trust worthy, animal loving, a dreamer, generous, fun and I don't give up even when I want to!

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Blogging Challenge number 2: What is health?

So the second blogging challenge is about health... What is health to me...?
Tough question, don't think there are any wrong answers as it is purely individual but I am still struggling to come up with an answer...

Health to me is about the all over package: Mind, Body, Spirit... if I am feeling good in all three then I can consider myself healthy.

If my mind is providing me with positive thoughts (most of the time), my body is not aching from chronic pains (not talking DOMS!) and my spirit is souring, then I would consider that healthy!

I have been working hard all year to get me to that healthy (and happy) place and I feel that I am 60% there which is huge for me as I have spent most of my life unhealthy and unhappy, so feeling pretty happy to have done soo well in such a short amount of time!

So health to me is not about numbers or measurements as such, it is about how I feel physically and emotionally.  If I manage to get out of bed and out and about, making sure I eat well and think well then I am having a good day and feeling healthy!

Mind, Body & Spirt!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment